Articles submitted must fulfil one of these criteria: a product of own’s scientific research using a proper and robust scientific method and can be accounted for or is a literature review with the correct principles.
The general guidelines of article writing in Food Scientia are:
- Scientific articles that is submitted are of own research and never been publicized in any other publication as stated in author declaration letter.
- Does not contain any elements of plagiarism.
- Articles are written in Microsoft Word (.doc) using format of A4 paper (210x297 mm) with top, bottom and right margin of 2 cm and left margin of 3 cm.
- Articles are written using Indonesian or English with no more than 3000 words using Times New Roman (TNR) size 12, spacing 1.5.
- Articles that are the result of research in a laboratory or on the field are written containing several aspects of title, abstract and keywords, introduction, scientific method, result and discussion, conclusion and references.
- Articles that are literature reviews are written containing several aspects of title, abstract and keywords, introduction, parts with sub-titles (sub-heading), concise and with 30 references maximum.
- Words from foreign languages are written in italic. Abbreviation must follow international system of units (SI) and recommended by the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC). Abbreviation must be defined by brackets after being mentioned for the first time in text. Unit of measurement must also follow current international system. Standard unit of measurement and chemical element symbols can be written without definition.
- References must use APA styling.
- Editors have the right to modify manuscript without altering its content. They also have the right to refuse manuscript that is considered to have not fulfil the required criteria.